throttle link mod-er-fyed

How the engine works

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Re: throttle link mod-er-fyed

Postby PToombs » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:25 pm

OK, here's my input. Levi, your fuel line is in the wrong position from most I have seen. It should come straight from the block to the inlet, like Alexs', not at an angle over the throttle linkage. If you search for my "valet switch" posts, I have a pic that shows mine is the same as his. Your levers are the same as mine.

Alex, I must have missed when you asked me that. The bolt kinda holds the levers together. There are many, many lever configurations for these pumps, so you bolt on the correct ones for the application.

As for the "cam over" feel, I had that happen in june on my way to Iowa, not cool! As it turns out, the bellcrank was dropping below center because of worn bushings. I replaced a set with some Philip had, and that lasted 3 hours on the road. I ended up using a bungie cord to hold the lever up a little, and had a 1k idle. At MM's house I tore it apart and bent the stops up a little, that lasted until I back to Peru, and then it was bungie to NY. I have since pulled the bellcrank bracket off, installed brass bushings, and welded up the stops so it's way above center. And then I had to reset all my throttle linkage. But now it works all nice and smooth and I get full throttle again. :mrgreen:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby Tacoclaw » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:39 pm

Yeah, I definitely got the bone on that inlet line. :lol:

I could barely advance the pump at all because the line gets into the head so bad. The AFC top is still almost 3/4-1" away from touching. One of these days I'll get around to those bigger feed lines from the tank and not have that problem.
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby Tsbourne09 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:55 am

hey, off topic but what is that line you have running where the fss goes?
93 D250- pump maxed, 3800 spring, hx35, denny T pump top, 7x.015 injectors, timing+, Coolertubz, raptor 150, boost nipple, 4" DP to 6" aussie stacks, built tranny, asa intake, DNR tps, more HP mods, isspro boost, fuel pressure, egt, tranny temp, 5k tach, chrome and powder coating here & there.
Not On Yet: 60#VS
http://s1130.photobucket.com/albums/m53 ... 20Uploads/
Tsbourne09
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:23 pm

Tsb, pretty sure that's a case pressure gauge line.

Levi, just cut the line, twist it around out of the way, then put a hose in the gap with some clamps. Unless you're running some crazy supply pressure it should be ok.
pete

PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby Broncman » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:55 pm

I cant see from the pics, but did you guys elimnate the bellcrank? Mine is pretty darn sloppy and was wondering if it could be elimated and the cable pull directly on the throttle lever?
Broncman
fuel screw!!!!

Postby collegekid » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:00 pm

WTH is a bellcrank?
1992 D350 CC LB 5-spd CTD, 366 GSK, Rotated Fuel Pin, Fuel Screw 1 turn off runaway, Factory Match Pyro and Boost, 4" Diamond eye exhaust, and a broken front sway bar :-)
http://photobucket.com/truckytruck
collegekid
14mm rotor

Postby Tacoclaw » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:51 am

Broncman wrote:I cant see from the pics, but did you guys elimnate the bellcrank? Mine is pretty darn sloppy and was wondering if it could be elimated and the cable pull directly on the throttle lever?

Yup:

1990 W250 4x4
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby Broncman » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Is that an inline pump after the filter?
Broncman
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:53 pm

That's an inline filter before the pump. You need it to prevent foreign objects from scarfing the walls and piston on the pump and lowering the fuel pressure. BTDT. :(
pete

PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby Tacoclaw » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:38 pm

Yup, it's just there to keep the crap out of the lift pump.

I finally messed with that little bolt under the inlet line today. All it does is move an idle-stop around a little bit, so nothing to gain there. :cry:
1990 W250 4x4
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby ahale2772 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:12 am

levi,

when i first effed with my full fuel power screw (whatever the heck you want to call it) I had tio move that little nut to get the idle to come down... dont ask why but i did.

and yes, the line coming out of my FSS port is specificly designed to systematically destroy expensive 0-300PSI guages... AKA a case pressure guage ( just had one die yesterday :x )

edit, i agree with Pete, cut that supply line, put a piece of rubber hose on it and aim it out of the way
84 CCLB W350 project
94' W350 Dually, Diesel, Auto 1080HP/1980FTlbs
ahale2772
14mm rotor

Postby Tacoclaw » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:17 am

Well, since I mentioned my pump-advancing woes in here already, I may as well ask.

My pump has a non-ic'd KSB, and when the hot wire falls off my truck gets pretty rattley. As in, 24-ish, far enough advanced, rattley. Does the KSB advance timing any more than a stock-position-to-the-head-bump?

I'd like to get in on this timing bump all the kids are talking about, but if it's anything like what the KSB provides I'd just as soon stay where I'm at. :?:
1990 W250 4x4
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Previous

Return to Engine