Automatic transmission truck- brakes

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Automatic transmission truck- brakes

Postby charger 69 » Fri May 04, 2007 8:01 pm

When you do your rear brakes check the parking brake lever to make sure its free and working,I didn't the first time. I only use the parking brake when I am towing so I don't think about it to often and with the weight of the trailer I didn't feel the brake draging. It took about 3500 mi. to kill a set of shoes on one side,the other side is like new. So when you do the rears make sure the arm isn't frozen to the backing plate, it will save money and aggrivation :oops: :(
92 White D350 132K,mi. fuel screw in 3,5 turns automatic with a Hughes converter and 26K add on cooler.Aluminum wheels,second fuel tank,gooseneck hitch,air bags tach.and gages,
charger 69
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Boatnik » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:45 pm

Good advice, I probably use my parking brake more then most people here on the flat coast. It is one of the devices I use to get my boat in and out of the water without rinsing out the truck. A good wheel chock or a buddies foot on the brake pedal is a must. The parking pawl in the automatic isn't meant to be winched against.
Boatnik
smoke screw?

Postby Ggg » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:05 pm

It has been my experience with many brands of vehicles, that parking brakes are a "all or nothing" type of thing. You either use them all of the time and they will stay in good working order. Or you do not use them at all, because they get rusted and will get stuck in the applied position. Out of habit I never use mine so I disconnected the cable so when somebody else uses my truck they can't accidentally set the parking brake and ,,,,well you know what kind of headache that causes.
Ggg
fuel pin?

Postby cummins king » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:12 am

thats great untill you go for a inspection, (please put the parking break on and put it in drive.... um, it doent work........ okay heres your ticket and im ripping the plates off and you have to get it off the site in 3 hours, good day) :x :lol:
93 4X4 auto
cummins king
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:21 pm

Or, yup, it works! Whatta ya mean it won't move? :x Git that POS outta my shop, or I'll tow it! ;)
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Return to Things you've learned