Howdy from Az !

Stop in and say hi

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Howdy from Az !

Postby D-dog357 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:06 pm

Hey everybody - long time troll finally decided to jump in.

My names Eric and I've been bend'n wrenches and running machines for a day or two and have a lot of experience brake'n things. Pretty much if it's broke I can fix it, if not - I can fix that too ! :lol:

Got me a bone stock '92 ex-cab w/ 130k that I've had for a couple of years. Been parked for a while waiting for toy money as it needs brake and front-end work and of course the infamous KDP needs a good talk'n to. (That's what got me here today. Looking to see how I should block the crank as the old hammer and 2 foot cheater got laughed at by those silly little bolts on the crank. A half" ext. through the access hole sounds simple enough. Thanks !!)

While I was having fun gett'n greasy :roll: I turned the AFC screw in flush with the nut (3/4 turn), rotated the fuel cone 90* to run on it's deepest side, turned the star wheel one turn down and sprayed some WD in there to keep things moving easy.

More fun I'm look'n forward to before it's back on the road - Fuel screw to it's collar, ABS delete, Hydro boost, 1" RW cyl's and all new brake flex lines. Also got some sec-gen 5/12's wonder'n what's their gona happen to them. So many chores to do :mrgreen: .

BTW - I've played with WVO blends and Black diesel too.

Look'n forward to sharing ideas and tips with with everyone.
D-dog357
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Howdy from Az !

Postby dazedandconfused » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:41 am

Welcome post some pics.
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby cmann250 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:03 am

Welcome! I bet you have one of the cleanest trucks around, being from AZ 8)

The 2nd gen injectors won't work because they have different bodies than the 1st gen injectors.
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby CumminsPower59 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:30 am

Welcome!
Ike

91 W350 SRW, 3.07's, NV4500, 370's, THD LPPP, Super HX40, 2nd gen IC swap, BHAF, Isspro's, 2" lift, 285's on 3rd gen 17"'s.
04 VW Jetta Wagon TDI 5speed
CumminsPower59
14mm rotor

Postby tampabayBill » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:27 am

Welcome !
93D250 CC LE, 62/65/13 S300, PDR cam,DDP3's, B&D IP, 366 GSK, M3 & timing device, Air Dog 150, Cooler tubes, 3 piece manifold, BHAF & 4" tbe, ported & O ringed, ARP studs, 60# springs 47RH & 3 disc conv., fp, aux trans cooler, fluid damper, 3:54 D70 w/trac-lok, rear sway bar, gauges = egt,boost, tach, 47RH & diff. temps.
Twins coming soon!
tampabayBill
fuel screw!!!!

Postby D-dog357 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Don't know what happened to my first response so I'll try again -

Thanks for the greetings.
Don't be expecting anything pretty folks, my truck makes old Rust bucket before it's paint job look like a show truck. Out here in the valley of the sun we don't have salt-rot we have sun-rot ! Everything gets cooked - upholstery, rubber seals, tires, batteries even your brains will fry in the heat. Yes you really can fry an egg on your hood here and it doesn't even have to be close to summer to do it. Burns are a real problem if your shirt slides up when your leaning on a fender wrench'n on a sunny day.

Pic's will have to wait as I don't have a photo site yet and the truck is in a hole till it's run'n again.

cmann - If I don't trade them I can always swap nozzles
D-dog357
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Welcome