odometer piece off 727

How they work, how they don't work, and how to fix them

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

odometer piece off 727

Postby T.winegar » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:05 am

When I put in a new converter and shift kit on my 727 a few parts were either broken or damaged. oNe of those pieces was the odometer part where the cables come together and fit into the tran body on the drivers side. Its a plastic unit that has a gear inside and an extension on one side to connect into the transmission.

I have "jimmy-rigged" it so it will work, but the plastic casing around the module is crack and split completely apart. I have it set with some zip-ties but I would like to find the entire piece and put a new one on.

Any idea where to find one? I'm in idaho, near to boise. I've checked about all the wrecking yards and they're out of luck. I also checked with idaho transmissions and they don't have parts that old anymore.

any ideas? anyone have those parts in their garage? haha
89 727-stageIvcomp 4in intake-amsoil air filter, 4in exhaust, dennyT, 366 spring. pump turned up to make me smile! low stall converter, rebuilt tranny at 120,000miles
T.winegar
fuel screw!!!!

Re: odometer piece off 727

Postby dazedandconfused » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:43 am

I may have it in my parts but It will be a few days before I get the shed organized enough to look.
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Re: odometer piece off 727

Postby PToombs » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:28 pm

PATC has them. All you need to know is the ratio.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Return to Transmission