My attempt at a less assaulting interior.

both inside and out

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

My attempt at a less assaulting interior.

Postby Tacoclaw » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:04 pm

Finally getting some more "work" done on my interior, so I thought I'd share. Nothing really special, but after having my ears assaulted every time I took my truck out, I decided a new vinyl floor and some soundproofing were in order.

Bought a little section of the stick-on heat/sound deadener and put it where the DP goes down the firewall and bottom of the cab:

Then stole the 1 1/2inch thick section of deadener out of the trunk of my buddies mustang for good measure :lol: :

Then installed, to the best of my ability, the floor kit I bought from Auto Custom Carpets. Good kit, fit ok, I just don't have the patience required to make one of these look perfect:

Another few of the vinyl installed, plus my attempt of silencing that damn rock-crusher I call a transmission. It's the shift boot from an 88 Ford Ranger I have laying around. It has foam that goes inside the boot, plus I still have the 'Rag inner boot, so hopefully I can drive around in ignorant bliss while my 'Rag begs for mercy :mrgreen: :

There's a gap to contend with, but I figure I'll find something to get rid of it:
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Re: My attempt at a less assaulting interior.

Postby AHineman » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:18 pm

Man Levi, I thought you knew that a high tolerance to noise was a requirement to drive a 1st gen. :lol:
Just kiddin', looks pretty sweet!
Andrew

Owner of two old 1stgens and not much else.
AHineman
14mm rotor

Postby manyholes » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:54 pm

nice work man, when i do my cab im going bedliner for the floors tho, i know myself well enough to know theres gonna be alot of mud in the cab, seeing as how im planning to run 40's for the summer and 35"s for the winter .
1990 W250 dodge ex cab, LB, work in progress. truck was originally reg cab/lb, ex cab is an add on.fuel pin turned, 30psi, bhaf, straight piped 3", new rear springs with shackle flip, 4" lift front, crossover steering, waiting on piston lp, c/c s/b conversion, turbo upgrade and intercooler install
manyholes
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Tacoclaw » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:44 am

My interior was bedlined, but it was still so droney in there nobody wanted to ride with me. :(

In the first pic, you can see it's bedlined, I just stuck the foil stuff straight to it. I'm not scared of spraying it out now, since I know it's not going to be able to rust if some water gets trapped in there.
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Return to Body