we're back baby! :D

both inside and out

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: we're back baby! :D

Postby captmatthew1 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:44 pm

The suspension was no problem whatsoever. I actually barely noticed it was back there.

The problem I had was with the 12CM HX35W i installed a few years ago. Great for quick light ups, TERRIBLE for towing something that heavy. I put my 18.5CM H1C back on this morning...
1992 W250 5 speed, pump maxxed, 366 spring, caravan seats, white gauges, more to come.
captmatthew1
fuel screw!!!!

Postby spencerdiesel » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:01 pm

Kind of backwards for my DD application but thats my intention as well. 18.5 on an HX when I get it

Living with stock fuel and the 21 for 2 years, anything that lights under 2.1k blows my mind :D
1992 W250, 5 speed, 4.10, Ext. cab Ext. bed, 12.5k winch, 75 gal. fuel tank

H1C/18

Fuel: THD 6x10 VCO sticks, THD 12 psi piston pump, THD fuel pin, 366 spring, fuel screw 2 turns in, timing to the head/ >1/4”
Muffler delete

Minimum 60% WMO full time since Sep. 2018
spencerdiesel
14mm rotor

Postby DMan1198 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:22 pm

Compounds are nice for that. Though I also ported my 12cm housing to give the most flow possible. It still spools up fast, but doesn't peter out in the top end like the small housing run as a single. I'll see how the truck runs with the gate actually closed sometime. With it open a bit all the time it still spools very nicely.
Ducati- professional nap taker, and thread derailer extraordinaire
Brownie: 80 dodge heavy half. Ghost cummins under the hood, and some sinister plans
The Roo Hunter: 93 w250, lifted, 2 whistle machines, and a bunch of other go fast goodies, uhh..... not there yet
Jaeger: 12 ram 3500. Lifted, exhausted, and fed an excessive quantity of air
The Huntress: 02 Jetta TDI. No muffler, egr, horsepower
DMan1198
14mm rotor

Postby captmatthew1 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:23 am

My hope is that the exhaust temps will go down with the larger housing. I should mention that i tuned the truck WAY back before I towed, even though my signature shows that my fuel screw is maxxed out. My original intent for the truck was to pretty much never tow with it, but over the years maturity has taken over. I now see the truck for what it is, instead of feeling the need to turn it into something it wasn't designed for.

Not saying street/strip trucks aren't cool...but this is what these trucks were meant to do. Time to mod accordingly.
1992 W250 5 speed, pump maxxed, 366 spring, caravan seats, white gauges, more to come.
captmatthew1
fuel screw!!!!

Postby captmatthew1 » Mon May 16, 2016 10:05 pm

Well, its been a while since i have posted anything, so here is an update.

Since we moved, the transmission went out in our newer truck, leaving us with the Dodge to be our temporary daily driver. Since things have been neglected for so long, it needed some serious work. Especially because we have a long trip coming up this week.

Starting out with the Suspension and Steering, I replaced the locking hubs, U-Joints, center link, shocks, steering box, and power steering lines. The power steering box I used was removed from a low mileage, 2WD, gasser that looked like it had never been abused in its street driven life. The only difference was the pitman arm. The difference is amazing. It is as tight and easy to steer as a newer truck.

The valves got adjusted and closed up with new valve cover gaskets. Brushes in the alternator were replaced. Engine and transmission oil were replaced. Transmission was filled with 15-40 and over filled with 1 Qt of Lucas.

I also scored this tool box off of craigslist for $20. So I sprayed it to match the rest of the truck and mounted it.

Here is the truck as it sits today.

captmatthew1
fuel screw!!!!

Previous

Return to Body