ac- compressor compatability ?

both inside and out

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

ac- compressor compatability ?

Postby jethro » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:39 pm

I have a 1-st gen -- I think a 92.5 year----
It has a sanden ac compressor model 709GK ( which I believe was R-12 since it had the small screw-on fitting on the
hard lines for charging.

Can someone give me an idea of what r134a compressors will do a "drop-in" fit for the 709GK ?

(the 709GK appears free- turns smoothly - but not sure how to clean out all the mineral oil so the mineral does
not contaminate the PAG for 134a which will need to go back in.... anyone know how to do that ? didn't get any oil out
when I up-ended it into a clean bucket........ )

It is going into a ford system (f-350 6.0 -now with cummins) and I have retained the ford plumbing---- so I MAY have
to look for a compressor with the same flow rate/displacement as the ford was ---- but that drops into the cummins bracket
..........???????

tim
jethro
fuel screw!!!!

Re: ac- compressor compatability ?

Postby DodgeFreak » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:13 pm

I'm running a compressor off of a 98-99 cummins, we actually had napa splice the newer line on to the 1st gen hoses. The newer compressor has a plug on the top side of it that I drained the oil out of. Its in the middle of the body and like a 11\16ths plug I think (around there)
92 D350 Cab and Chassis. Auto stock, wiring gremlins. 330k miles
92 W250 Ext cab rotted completely out. Auto, pump maxed, 215 ppump nozzles, Denny T2 pin.
85 D350 single wheel, converted to cummins, getrag, turned up 2 turns and afc screw flush.
DodgeFreak
14mm rotor

Return to Body