Project Harvester D1310

Cummins Conversion & Builds

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Project Harvester D1310

Postby cubedeficient64 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:45 pm

G'day, though I would join up and put a thread up on my Cummins conversion. Its a 1970's International Harvester D1310, very similar to a dodge truck over here.
I have been collecting bits for 6 months and hope to start body and chassis work in the next week or two. list of bits so far,

Late 90's 6BTA industrial motor, rated at 177HP @2600rpm (Ve pump'd)

4R100 tranny out of a F350 2WD

Diff out of a different F350

A Chevy C20 front subframe and suspension/brake set up.

A collection of Ve fuel pumps (due to a thread one of the other members started in "goodstuff" and I just had to pull some to bits, my brain wont leave stuff alone once it gets started)

A giant aftercooler that will need to be cut down to fit behind the grill, may go air/water aftercooler yet for ease of fitment, but more plumbing.

I have just found my secondary turbo for my compound set up. I hope it will be suitable as it was supposed to be my primary but was smaller than expected when it turned up, the risks of buying off the internet.

It is off a 2005 9.4L Volvo, KKK it has a;

61mm inducer and 88mm exducer on the comp side. 7 blades
and around a 76mm turbine, cupped tips, 12 blades
A 12cm wastegated exhaust housing.

I originally planned on using a pair of T2/22's as my secondary stage but now I am not sure as I don't think I can use the KKK as a primary with the small exhaust and it will probably be a better second stage turbo anyway, would have looked cool with 3 turbos though :P

I will put some photos up of my basket case truck soon, plenty of work to do and lots of questions!

Cheers Ben
cubedeficient64
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Project Harvester D1310

Postby cubedeficient64 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:53 pm

Here the sad little truck is when I found it. First job will strip it down and pull the cab off and blast it, then the chassis work will begin. I need to narrow the front rails by 100mm to fit the C20 subframe, I plan on lowering it, not sure on airbags or not? not much info in oz on airbag setups for chev trucks, more google reqired!

I'm also torn between a truck arm rear and a satchel link, not sure yet if the satchel style will be strong enough for the torque. going to keep the dually rear too, a truck needs duals ;)
cubedeficient64
fuel screw!!!!

Postby ellis93 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:17 pm

What's your intended purpose for the truck......it'll be a cool old truck however you use it but that looks like on tiny tot frame
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby cubedeficient64 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:17 pm

Its going to be used for carting bits and pieces around for my home business. I do light fab and some blasting work so need a bed big enough to put sheets of steel and alloy on and going to put racks on for lengths of rhs etc. I would like to make it into a sort of rolling business card as I like this sort of work.

It is about 3in x 4in at its smallest section at the back getting larger over the diff to about 8in high along the main length of the chassis rail, all c section about 8mm thick. It looks small cause the cab is huge! It is rated at 5ton total weight loaded but the same cab is used right up the line to the biggest trucks 20 odd ton I think.

That being said it will probably still flex like a wet noodle and I have plans to box it and beef it up generally all through.

Cheers
cubedeficient64
fuel screw!!!!

Postby cubedeficient64 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:44 pm

I have the opportunity to buy a k31 off of a 14 litre MAN truck, it has a t4 divided housing and is in pretty good condition. Unsure of what size the exhaust but it is not wastegated, does this sound suitable for a primary on a set off compounds? Used with the turbo mentioned in my first post. We have no one over here doing this and all the the stuff on the net is biased towards p pumps. Can a ve spin a k31?
cubedeficient64
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Conversions & Builds