2005 Rolling Chassis with a 1st gen on it

Cummins Conversion & Builds

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

2005 Rolling Chassis with a 1st gen on it

Postby mbdpp » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:13 am

Hey guys I found a 05 rolling chassis that I want to set a extended cab 1st gen on it and use the 3rd gen power train and brakes and everything. any idea what I will need to make the plan work? What will be required to make the engine run? I am going to go with a NV5600 and a south bend dual disc clutch. For gauges I am going to have to get a wiring diagram from the first gen to try and make as much as possible work, I do not think it will be a problem as it is mostly very simple direct connection wiring instead of the new modern communication and ECM, BCM, etc.

Thanks

Brad
mbdpp
fuel screw!!!!

Re: 2005 Rolling Chassis with a 1st gen on it

Postby DodgeFreak » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:43 am

with it being common rail you're going to have to figure out how to run the ecm. you might have to by pass the abs as that all feeds into a computer also. I'm not 100% on any of it with out studying both wiring diagrams. Also will the body fit on a 3rd gen frame have you taken measurements of that also?? Personally I don't see any gains from swapping a 1st gen body on a 3rd gen frame. If I was going to have a common rail I would buy a complete truck.
92 D350 Cab and Chassis. Auto stock, wiring gremlins. 330k miles
92 W250 Ext cab rotted completely out. Auto, pump maxed, 215 ppump nozzles, Denny T2 pin.
85 D350 single wheel, converted to cummins, getrag, turned up 2 turns and afc screw flush.
DodgeFreak
14mm rotor

Return to Conversions & Builds