Destroked report

Cummins Conversion & Builds

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Destroked report

Postby jethro » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:51 pm

just got some parts from destroked today. It took them about 1 week from the time I ordered. They said they had to make
the adaptor plate ( I got the big plate and engine mounts )
I was supprised they came so fast. The first thing I noticed was how carefully the parts had been packed ! Each was in the box having expanding foam (bagged) on either side. No way the UPS Idiots could have damaged my parts very easily packed that way. Good , thoughtfull work.
The parts..... engine mounts ...... BEEEFFFEEYYYY ! bent out of what looks like maybe 3/8 steel- with relief holes at the ends of the bend lines. All appear square and straight. The other half is an iron casting. just as beefy (or more) than the dodge part.
The adapter plate looks good too. CNC'd out with a nice smooth fly cutter finnish. I can tell they keep their tools sharp !
It was a little more than the competition but I was very happy with what I see.
I grew up working in my dad's machine shop so I have an idea what good solid work looks like.
My only complaint was..... I sure wish they would get a better cell phone to talk to the customers on - it was awefull !
I could BARELY hear and understand- and It had a really bad delayed echoe in addition to being badly garbled ........
A better phone would make ordering much easier and less stressfull !

Tim
jethro
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Conversions & Builds