which flywheel ?

Cummins Conversion & Builds

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

which flywheel ?

Postby jethro » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:42 pm

Hi All.....
I will be mating up the 12 valve with a ZF-6(6.0 liter) in the F-350 in the near future....
I have been looking at the flywheel and clutch combination from ford-cummins. I believe they use a 7.3 clutch
for a 6.0liter ZF-6 application. (I think....)

I have read here and there that you can use a stock ford clutch and a dodge 3500 flywheel. ( I have a flywheel
spacer from destroked ) I think I remember reading that if you used the dodge flywheel that the socket that the bearing pushes into is too small and has to be machined out bigger to accept the correct bearing. I believe my lathe is not big enough to chuck up a flywheel.......

I believe that the ford-cummins flywheel/clutch combination is about 700-800 $ They want 400$ for the flywheel if you
get it alone.....

Do you think that is a better deal than using a used dodge flywheel and finding a way to get it bored out ? (if that is the only
modification it really needs... )

I may have to buy the manifold that has better geometry- than the up-side-down dodge that is on it now. Im sure I will
want to do that before it goes in while I can change things easy ! (how close IS the up-side-down dodge one to the heater box ?)

any thought would be helpful and appreciated from those who have "been there-done that"

Tim
jethro
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Conversions & Builds