Pulling and installing engine and trans as an assembly

Cummins Conversion & Builds

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: Pulling and installing engine and trans as an assembly

Postby KTA » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:25 pm

Yep I have been doing more and more machine work for my pulling customers, which are mostly tractor pullers these days as I find them to be much easier to deal with than truck pullers in general. I am doing all the machine work on the blocks and building custom gears and modifying transmissions in house. I also still build a bunch of turbos for guys and am still doing cams as well. I try to do as much in house as possible. As a side note my 93 4wd with the 3" body lift I was able to slip the engine and trans out hooked together. Then when I got it out I went ahead and dropped the trans before trying to put it back in, it still wouldn't go so I took the clutch housing off too. I gave up wrestling with it around 11 as I still couldn't get it back far enough to get the motor mount studs to drop into the crossmember. I will have to try another jack and some more pry bars tomorrow night. The engines on the 2nd gens seem to go in a lot better this thing has really fought me on clearance to the firewall and crossmembers.
Fleet of Junk: 1989 D350 627rwhp 1300 tq B-1/Hx60 twins, KTA pump/injectors, ported head, BIG fuel supply. 13.75@ 109.5mph 1/4: 1992 W350 Cab-chasis, 1993 W350 ext cab cust.370 inj Hx40/16cm 290rwhp hydroboost brakes,1984 D350 crew-cab another project.
KTA
diesel guru/mod

Previous

Return to Conversions & Builds