'90 W250--'89/91/92 Ramcharger

How to make it go fast

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Re: Next stage- Twins Questions (last page)

Postby JQmile » Sat May 28, 2011 2:31 pm

With what you have you could probably run the twins and two stages of nitrous and be fine. Most trucks that REALLY need gates are cause they are spinning serious rpm...and that's not a problem with the VE :D
1989 D250 2wd. Scheid 14mm VE pump and 5x25's, J&H Performance 47RH trans with Suncoast manual valvebody, dual wastegates, 62/65/14 S300, NX Dual Stage nitrous, 487 on fuel, 972 on the jug.
JQmile
14mm rotor

Postby JustinRhodes » Tue May 31, 2011 8:05 am

You guys finally got started on them twins levi?
91 Dodge W250 Pee Pumped Cummings
JustinRhodes
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Tacoclaw » Tue May 31, 2011 8:24 am

I'm pulling the front fenders off after Hebron this weekend anyways, so between that and Heinaman's nagging, I though "why not?".
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby JustinRhodes » Tue May 31, 2011 8:38 am

Tacoclaw wrote:I'm pulling the front fenders off after Hebron this weekend anyways, so between that and Heinaman's nagging, I though "why not?".

Never actually been up to hebron, is it just a dyno? Hopefully you dont run into too many problems with the twins :lol:

Yesterday, i bought a HE351ve i believe the specs are 60/74/VGT. The vanes are controlled by the waste gate actuator already so it should be pretty straight forward, but we will see when we get to that lol.
JustinRhodes
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Tacoclaw » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:22 pm

Just some eyeballing, but Heinaman doesn't get to have all the fun. I believe this is where it's going to end up, just for the nice, short cold pipe:

The air to water is hooked up and not in the way in those pics. Gonna have to find a new place for the reservoir though...
1990 W250 4x4
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby Tacoclaw » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:24 pm

Friendly bump for myself.

I got the primary brace fabbed up and holding weight. It needs the welds finished and some bracing where it bolts to the block, but other than that it looks ok to me. :grin:

The hotpipe isn't in it's finished location either. I had some 3" exhaust I used to get an idea on how long of a section of straight I would need, and didn't feel like bubble-gumming anymore than I had to to get it close.

1990 W250 4x4
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Re: Next stage- Twins (last page)

Postby mathews8pt » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:37 pm

Looking good!

I would personally rather use a shorter hot pipe than i would cold pipe, just to help spoolup, but whatever works. Is that a 90* silicone boot right out of the primary?
2000 p-pumped 24v daily driver
1993 D250, 2wd, 5spd(for now), timed to head, hx35, PODs, electric fuel pump, ground pin. The new project truck...
mathews8pt
fuel pin?

Postby Tacoclaw » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:43 pm

Yup. :lol:

I've got a 4wd truck, so getting the downpipe out of there in the easiest way possible had to overtake the hotpipe on the priority list. I've got to neck it down to a 4" somewhere down there, so having a little bit more space behind it is a must. I'm not *too* concerned with spool-up, as I've rode in Ahinamen's truck and he's got about the same setup on there. Very little difference in spool-up between his truck and mine before I started twins, but he does have 6x16s instead of my 5x14s.

On the 90*, it's simple, let's me run my filter and intercooler setup unchanged, and it's simple. If my truck turns out to be doggy, it'll be the first place I look, after boost leaks and the like.

It's no competition truck or anything, so I'm not too worried about having the most efficient setup I can. It's just a play truck I can't keep my fingers out of. 8)
1990 W250 4x4
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby AHineman » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:38 pm

With all the pics I've posted of mine, I've heard some comments on the hotpipe. Mostly from guys with 2nd gen style piping. Works fine and everything fits, so... :D

@ Taco...
Don't act like your not a drag racin' fool. :P
Andrew

Owner of two old 1stgens and not much else.
AHineman
14mm rotor

Postby mathews8pt » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:29 pm

Oh dont get me wrong, im not saying it wont work ok. I was just wondering...

Im going to be building twins for mine once i get the auto swapped in and im curious how each type of setup works.
1993 D250, 2wd, 5spd(for now), timed to head, hx35, PODs, electric fuel pump, ground pin. The new project truck...
mathews8pt
fuel pin?

Postby AHineman » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:36 pm

Sorry man, I wasn't aiming that at you. :oops:

I just don't like when people think everything has to look "store bought", like something you buy from a big vendor. It's okay to build your own and look a little different. 8)
Andrew

AHineman
14mm rotor

Postby mathews8pt » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:48 pm

AHineman wrote:Sorry man, I wasn't aiming that at you. :oops:

I just don't like when people think everything has to look "store bought", like something you buy from a big vendor. It's okay to build your own and look a little different. 8)

Hey i understand that. I have a hx35 on my 93 right now, and an old non gated(big exhaust housing) 66mm turbo laying around. Thinking of making a small set of twins untill i get some bigger sticks...

I love doing things others say wont work :mrgreen:
mathews8pt
fuel pin?

Postby Tacoclaw » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:40 pm

Welcome to the site by the way, Mathews. 8)

If everything goes to plan, you'll get to check out both mine and Hineman's wrecks at Hebron this September. Hopefully Hineman will get out of bed early enough for us to get a spot on the dyno this time. :P
1990 W250 4x4
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby JustinRhodes » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:48 pm

Tacoclaw wrote:Friendly bump for myself.

I got the primary brace fabbed up and holding weight. It needs the welds finished and some bracing where it bolts to the block, but other than that it looks ok to me. :grin:

The hotpipe isn't in it's finished location either. I had some 3" exhaust I used to get an idea on how long of a section of straight I would need, and didn't feel like bubble-gumming anymore than I had to to get it close.

are the turbos going to be about the same spot as what you showed me or did you end up having to move them?
JustinRhodes
fuel screw!!!!

Postby AHineman » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:36 am

Tacoclaw wrote:Welcome to the site by the way, Mathews. 8)

If everything goes to plan, you'll get to check out both mine and Hineman's wrecks at Hebron this September. Hopefully Hineman will get out of bed early enough for us to get a spot on the dyno this time. :P

I think you're getting confused again. Next time I'll just plan on you being late, seems to be a pretty sure thing. :lol:
Andrew

AHineman
14mm rotor

PreviousNext

Return to The good stuff